Hadith is next important source of Islamic Law after the Qur'an. It is widely observed that many Muslims (as well as non-Muslims) are unaware of how the ahadith (pl.) are studied and classified into various categories. In this section we would briefly discuss the sciences of hadith that leads to their classification into various grades of authenticity.
An Introduction To The Science Of Hadith, by Suhaib Hasan. This article is taken from USC Muslim Students Association Islamic Server.
Some commonly-quoted ahadith [Be sure to look at the appendix below! -Ed. note]
The Classification Of Hadith
Further branches of Mustalah and Rijal
Verdicts on the ahadith mentioned in the Foreword
The Science Of Hadith (A Brief Introduction). This article is taken from USC Muslim Students Association Islamic Server.
Components Of Hadith
Classification Of Hadith
- According to the reference to a particular authority
- According to the links of Isnad - interrupted or uninterrupted
- According to the number of reporters involved in each stage of isnad
- According to the nature of the text and isnad
- According to the reliability and memory of the reporters